Thursday, July 9, 2009

Stressful Day!

It started at 7:30 am this morning when I read an alert on the China Rumor Queen site that several families currently in Guangzhou, China (where the American Embassy is) were being detained an additional week or more in China because United States Immigration decided to unexpectedly change the rules of no longer accepting updated home studies to be carried to China. This new development effects us as we have changed our original home study requesting a girl under 15 months old to a 3 1/2 y/o boy. This new rule now requires us to send the update to our local US Immigration office and they will wire the change to China. Basically alot of red tape that had my adoption agency and myself going nuts today to find a way to get this change to them before we travel next week. The thought of being delayed in China more than the mandatory 3 weeks had me very nervous to say the least!! I made it to the post office at 4:52 (8 minutes to spare) to overnight the necessary paper work. Keeping my fingers crossed that the approval arrives at US Embassy in China before I do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment