Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 2

So we can now say we climbed the Great Wall Of China. Okay, who am I kidding, I can only somewhat say it. First let me say it is very hot, even in the mountains. The steps are very steep, it's more like taking two steps at a time at once. So after 10 steps (okay 5), it was time to rest, then go a bit further, rest and so on...Our guide, James, said "Men climb to the top to prove they are a strong and great man". I let Scott off the hook...I told him he didn't need to climb to the top to prove anything. I said, "It's hot, let's get the hell out of here", so down we climbed. Our guide then took us to a restaurant for lunch, they served a variety of traditional chinese foods. ..not too bad.

Tomorrow we are headed to Tian An Men Square and the Forbidden City.

Six more days until we are allowed to see Matthew.

No comments:

Post a Comment