Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Adoption Day is Official!

Today the adoption of Matthew was finally official. We arrived at the registration office and waited for about an hour for an orphanage official to arrive. Matthew was apparently bored and decided that he would like to run around the room scream and jump up and down on the waiting room furniture. Oh, did I mention the spitting.......There was not much we could do accept sit there and smile as all the locals in the room stared us down! So, we decided that it was time to learn a few Chinese words: Tiaopi- You are being Naughty, Bushi- No, Tangxia - Please Sit Down.

The registration office apparently decided they weren't believing Scott's signature matched his passport, so they made him sign his signature over and over and over and over again. Come on, are you kidding me. Finally they gave us our official adoption certificate. I questioned where was the birth certificate and what about his immunization records. I found myself searching frantically through my paperwork to see what was missing. The end result was they didn't have them and are now going to send them to our hotel tomorrow via courier.

Since we arrived here 100 days ago, I mean 10 days ago, Scott has been itching to take a ride on the Maglev Train. It runs between the airport anddowntown Shanghai. It tops out at 250 miles per hour and takes only 7 minutes to go 22 miles. He (Scott) was like a little boy boarding a train for the first time. (I guess I just don't get it) (must be a guy thing). Matthew seemed to enjoy the ride, but not as much a trying to climb over the back seat.

LOL! We got off the one side of train at the airport and there was a Kentucky Fried Chicken and had lunch. For a minute there, I thought I had on my ruby red shoes and I was home. Surprisingly Tasted the same.

More swimming and then we walked to the market (in the rain) because Scott's nighttime munchies were getting dangerously low. They had M & M's, Kit Kat's, and butter cookies that were in recognizable packaging.

Tomorrow we have decided to just hang back at the hotel and skip any planned excursions. We thought it best to spend some bonding time with Matthew. We are so ready to leave Shanghai. Friday can't come soon enough and we are looking forward to the familiar sights of Guangzhou.


1 comment:

  1. Congrats to your new family member!!! We are so happy for the four of you!!! Frank and I look forward to your blog every night, and we both have tears of happiness running down our cheeks while we read your post and view your pictures!!! We are so happy for you. We can not wait to meet Matthew!! Talk to you soon!!

    Heather Bryson

    ReplyDelete