Thursday, July 30, 2009

Bonding Time!

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more
It's raining again today, actually we are having a whopper storm, so it was a good choice to hang back at the hotel and spend some one on one time bonding with Matthew. Having looked up some chinese words to communicate with him has been key here. He is no longer bouncing around and is fairly calm, happy and smiling. He likes to stay busy busy busy, which is a problem for now since there is not very much to do at the hotel except take him swimming, which he does love.

When I awoke this morning I knew it would be a good day. The last thing I remember before opening my eyes this morning was dreaming of my grandmother. She was sitting on the bed next to me and I was telling her I missed her. My grandmother was a best friend to me and in all the years since her passing I can't remember even 5 times of dreaming of her. Take it as you will, but to me it was clearly a message that she is right here with me.

Tomorrow we get the final adoption paperwork and can leave Shanghai! Onto Gaungzhou where the American Embassy is located to complete the United States portion of the adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment