Friday, August 7, 2009

We're Coming Home!

We went to the American Consulate office today, they verified all our information and that we infact have the correct child, stamped his passport with the Visa for entry into United States, we then had an oath swearing ceremony, we had to raise our right hand and swear that all the information we provided for this adoption was correct and truthful. That was it, they said congratulations you are finally done and may leave China. We're coming home!!

No pics today, we were not allowed to take any pictures at the American Consulate, they take all cameras, cell phones and anything electronic from you before you enter.

Tomorrow, we get a flight to Hong Kong, stay overnight and then finally take our flight home arriving at Newark airport. We will arrive Saturday. As soon as we land, Matthew will become an American Citizen. I am not sure if I will have a chance to update again. Hopefully the forecasted typhoon won't cause any delays.

Thank you to everyone in my family and everyone in my husband's family at home who has taken such good care of our daughter (and two cats) over the past 3 weeks. We have been blessed with a very supportive, loving family and couldn't have gotten through this without everyone. We look forward to sharing many happy times together. To Harriett, who spent the past 3 weeks at our home to keep Katie's schedule as normal as possible in our absence, Thank you. Thank you to my niece Judi, for posting my updates to my blog everyday so everyone could follow our journey. Pat, you have listened to me endlessly day in and day out about this adoption for nearly 3 years. Thank you for the daily supportive emails while in China. You are a good friend. To my husband, who stood beside me through this journey, we have been through more than most to complete our family, the past 3 weeks have been trying and joyful. I can't think of anyone I would rather do life with. To my daughter, Katie Mei, you are the most incredible child, thank you for just being you. Seeing life through your eyes convinced me to push forward and take this journey to your brother. Matthew, you don't know it yet, but you have so much awaiting you. Let's go home.

Thank you for following our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment