Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Final Approval Received!

Today we got word that the final approval that would determine if we would leave China on time had arrived. What a relief. There had been a mistake discovered at the end of last week. US Consulate had us approved for a girl not a boy. So my adoption agency and my home study agency along with our local Immigration office had to do some pretty quick work to make sure we could leave China as planned.

Since the air conditioning was getting repaired in the wing we were in, they had to move our room. So we packed and moved to another building around the corner. It was a lazy day since it was very rainy. Not too many pictures to share. We did venture out to the Italian restaurant for pizza again tonight. On the way back we witnessed the most disturbing incident. We were walking past one of the local shops and they have a cute white poodle for a pet. This absolute crazy lunatic Chinese man apparently didn't like that the poodle had barked at him and he grabbed this umbrella and started running after the poodle and the poodle, of course, was barking more, so he took the umbrella a slammed him in the nose. UGH, I looked right at him and spoke a foreign language #$%^&<*&^!@#*&^%$@. I know I was taking my chances, but I couldn't hold back. He kept walking thank goodness. Innocent little animal yelped for 3 minutes. I am an animal lover so this really lit my fire.

Only three nights left in China. Not that I would like to wish the days away....but here's to them going by fast. I am so homesick and ready to get back to some simple things that one might take for granted, like ICE!!!! A tall glass of water with ice, brushing my teeth from the facet, not a glass of bottled water or eating a piece of chicken without the head on my plate. (LOL!) Oh, a cup of coffee, I haven't had a cup of coffee in nearly 3 weeks. And most of all, kissing my daughter good night instead of throwing her kisses through SKYPE video.

Matthew continues to be ham everywhere we go. Practicing his English....saying Hi and Hello......Good bye, waving to the locals because he knows it gets their attention. The best though is when we go to the restaurants and calls the waitress over to order food or soda that we have not allowed him to order, so now we ask them...What did he just ask you for? and then tell them, No he can't have that. At the Italian restaurant, we were done eating, and he called the waitress over, we asked her what did he say, she said "he said the pizza was good" ! (Cute, I think he was flirting)

Pictures are right after Matthew's bath, he was being very silly and putting his undies on his head.





No comments:

Post a Comment