Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Week Ago Today!

One week ago today we arrived home with our new son. The feelings and emotions when the plane finally touched down on the runway was so overwhelming. We just survived the journey that seemed like an eternity. I recall thinking how relieved I was to finally be back in America, how excited I was to see my sweet princess, walking through the gate and hearing her scream Mommy would be one of the happiest moments of my life. Seeing our son and our daughter meet face to face was a moment I'd dreamed of for years. Finally, it was a reality.

Matthew continues to bond with us more and more each day. He has showed no signs of looking back. He continues to be a happy little boy who is discovering new things everyday. His sleep schedule is basically good and he has adjusted almost completely to our time. (Can't say the same for me, I have a hard time staying up past 8:00 pm....Yawn Yawn (It's 9:45 pm)!! We did have to convert his daybed back into a crib, he seems to be more content with that at this time. The room he slept in had 21 children, so I was thinking having his own bedroom and sleep time would be an obstacle for us, but I am happy to say, after a few minutes of whining, he goes right to sleep.

He continues to eat good, fruits, vegetables, rice, noodles. I have introduced some American food, but he seems happiest eating food he has been accustomed to. He has very little interest in anything sweet. (Let's see how long that lasts).

The testing of the water seems to have subsided almost entirely. He is no longer being naughty. I believe our biggest obstacle is still the language. He has already learned several words and says them all day in an attempt to communicate with us. (Hi, Bye, How are ya, Hungry, Good boy, etc. etc.) He repeats everything we say. He is like a sponge and will be talking English in no time. He absolutely loves his sister (Kaylia he calls her). Katie on the other hand has had a little bit of a tough time sharing our attention. I will call some of her school friends and have a play date this upcoming week so she can have some "Katie time".

Having two children has certainly been an adjustment for me...(Yawn again!) I think I may need to go back to work soon so I can get some rest. (LOL!) I still have not completely adjusted back to our time.

I have pictures to share, will try to load them tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment