Friday, October 9, 2009

Katie Update!!

Katie is doing well in Kindergarten, she seems to be excited to share the details of her days with enthusiasm. This week for the first time, she had homework. It went like this….

“I have homework tonight and I would appreciate some peace and quite” !!

(Oh, Okay, excuse me!) (LOL!) She talks 100 miles an hour using hand motions and words like appreciate, unacceptable and outrageous. Suddenly I realize I’m listening to myself…..she is me.

Her adjustment to Matthew has not been as seamless as his adjustment. Sharing our time has not been easy, after all, she was top dog and center of our world for 4 ½ years. She tries really hard not to be jealous, but sometimes ….Well, it goes like this….

Matthew: “ah chew” (sneeze)
Me: “God Bless You Sweetie”
Katie: “Mommy, you know he is just sneezing to get attention"

All in all though, she enjoys her new role as big sister.


Mommy words of wisdom to my Katie......

My Dear Katie Mei, right now your little brother has come and suddenly invaded your happy little world, sharing and touching your "stuff" has not been easy for you and right now, you most enjoy telling on him (LOL), but as you get older, he will become someone to lean on and count on in your life. I am so thankful for you to have the gift of a sibling. I nearly climbed a mountain to bring him home so that you will have each other long after I am gone. Trust me. Love Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment